Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Crochet Christmas Presents Revealed

I love making crochet Christmas gifts and it's even more fun when they are special requested.
 I've been looking forward to sharing with you what I made this year. 
I have lots of hubby's side of the family around so I usually crochet something for all the 
Kids each Christmas.

Here are all the projects I did with links to the patterns (if there is one) 
Some are freestyle or patterns to come... yay! 


First up was a request of a Spiderman hat! I wanted something unique so I was naturally drawn to a pattern I'd been wanting anyway. This is the Along Came a Spider Beanie by Playin' Hooky Designs

I followed this pattern directly just curved the spider legs as I sewed them to look like the logo. 
I also changed the brim to FPDC and BPDC for a stretchy band. 

The next hat design I made is also from Playing Hooky Designs. I've made many graph beanies before and knew my niece loved My Little Pony's Rainbow Dash. I actually made two of these. I totally goofed and made the 1st one to small. So my daughter was excited to get a matching hat with her cousin. 




This next design was for my son. He loves Legos and I was drawn to a stitch pattern of bobbles. This is a design in the works from me. I want to perfect it a little more but hopefully now that the holidays are past I have more time to do it and in more sizes. 


I didn't follow a pattern for this next design. There are alot of Ninja Turtle patterns out there but I just used basic beanie method and added some simple eyes.  



A fun touch was using reflective yarn for the mask portion. 



The last hat I made, I worked up a Basic Beanie and added a batman Logo. 
I used this Free Pattern for the logo.


The Cousins and my kids all loved their hats. Of course I wasn't fast enough to get any pics of them in use but they all fit great and were well loved! That made my heart very happy! 


Did you make crochet gifts this past Christmas? 







2 comments:

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Great job. Love them.

Dari said...

Oh my just what I have been looking for A Batman Hat for my grandson for his Birthday. I have tried to find it to make it for his birthday in September. So where can I find it??

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.