Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday Yarn Talk - Turtles, Owls and Skulls

It's busy season around here with Halloween and Christmas orders coming in! I love this time of year because I often get unique custom orders. I love making something new! 

While I've made literally 100s of Turtles, I got a request to make one in new colors! This little guy was designed to look like Squirt from Finding Nemo. 

I used my Original Hatching Turtle Cuddle Critter Cape pattern. The only difference is color choices and adding a few random size circles to the hat. 
I used Vanna's Choice Worsted in Mustard, Rust, Toffee and Dusty Green if you want to make one too. 



Owl Hats are still an old favorite! There is just something whimsical about those big eyes! 
This is one of my favorite color combos for a natural Snow Owl look! 
This pattern is from Inner Hooker.


This last hat wasn't an order I've just been dying to make it! So I whipped one up for my hubby. 


He didn't want a slouchy so I worked it up beanie style. I didn't change hook sizes as recommend and use a F-Hook for the entire hat. For the closing of the hat I just worked a few rows of sc around decreasing down and then cinched it shut. I used Vanna's Choice Worsted in pearl mist and black. 

The hat looked challenging but it's wasn't. The construction of the design is amazing and unique! It wasn't difficult at all. I really enjoyed making it! It's well worth the $1.00 for the pattern. 



Have you made any of these patterns? Which one do you want to make? Feel free to comment below!

I'm working on a fun new design that I hope to share next week! So be sure to check back! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.